Hour Zero: Intro
1. I am reading from the Sunshine State this weekend.
2. I tried to participate in #24in48 earlier in the year. I did not log very many hours that first time. Here’s to second chances!
3. I heard about #24in48 from either Instagram or Book Riot.
4. I am excited to finish Present Over Perfect by Shauna Niequist. I am also excited to pick up Sick in the Head by Judd Apatow and Hunger by Roxanne Gay.
5. It doesn’t feel like summer to me if I am not reading a ton of books, resting by the water, or munching on boatloads of fruit.
6. You can find me on Instagram and Twitter @onthebookside. You can also find me at this blog.
Hour 1: Reading Present Over Perfect by Shauna Niequist
Readathon is here and as always it lands on a day where I am never prepared. I can’t seem to have one Saturday that doesn’t have a plan or a place to be. Regardless, I am excited about this Readathon.
Hour 1: I listened to Gone With The Wind as I got dressed and ready.
Hour 2: I continued listening as I went on a quick library trip, and I got donuts and coffee.
Hour 3: I visited my parents to pick up some of my old books to add to my TBR! I still kept listening to Gone with the Wind.
Hour 4: I drove home listening about the life and times of Scarlett O’Hara.
Hour 5: I am still listening and working on updating my instagram @onthebookside and this blog post.
Challenge 1: Introduction
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
I am reading from the very sunny Sunshine State.
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
I am most looking forward to reading The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood.
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?
I am most looking forward to all the drinks, especially Sugar Free Red Bull.
4) Tell us a little something about yourself!
I love readathons, despite never getting as much reading done as I would like.
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?
This is at least my third Readathon. I have learned I need to try this time more intentionally. I will try to read at least for 45 minutes out of each hour.
I am reading from the Sunshine State.
I have never done 24in48 before.
I think I first heard about this readathon on Twitter.
I am most excited to read The Gunslinger by Stephen King this weekend.
Each year, I resolve to read 100 books in a year. I have been trying since 2004 and not meeting my goal. I am hoping that participating in readathons will help me carve reading time into my schedule.
I can be found @onthebookside on Litsy, Instagram, and Twitter.
Brew: Archer Farmer’s Vanilla Bean Creme Brulee Coffee
Read: NIV Commentary on Matthew
Intermission Snack: Key Lime Pie Larabar!
Next Up: A Dog’s Purpose by W. Bruce Campbell