My Top 5 Bookish Childhood Memories
1. All of Beatrix Potter. I loved her quiet adventurous stories and watercolor illustrations.
2. Don’t Forget The Oatmeal. This was a Sesame Street Children’s Book. This book mixed my love of story and grocery store. I am a Florida Girl and thus a Publix girl for life!
3. Nancy Drew, particularly The Message In The Hollow Oak. This was the first chapter book my mom and I took turns reading together at night before bed.
4. Mr. Popper’s Penguins was the first chapter book I ever read completely on my own.
5. HARRY POTTER! The series is one that I picked up at random in 1999 at a Scholastic Book Fair that ended up shaping my bookish life. This needs no further explanation.
Dewey’s Readathon- April has begun! Here is my Hour Zero Mini Challenge!
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
I am currently reading from the Sunshine State, Florida.
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
The book I am most looking forward to is all of them! I can’t choose a favorite this morning.
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?
I am most looking forward to my homemade gummy candies. They are so easy and yummy. Comment for the recipe!
4) Tell us a little something about yourself!
I am engaged to get married later this year. Today, I have to do some wedding planning with my bridesmaids. I will be taking a necessary break, but hope to return to reading as soon as possible.
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?
This my second time participating in the Read-a-thon. This time I am planning to update and keep up on my new blog!
I am currently getting ready for the day and listening to:
I am listening to The Tempest by William Shakespeare, in honor of the 400th anniversary of Shakespeare’s death.
I have been wanting to start a book themed blog for awhile. Due to the upcoming Readathon, the scheduling for this blog’s creation was accelerated. I will be happily posting throughout the Readathon tomorrow! Please join me as I venture into my second time participating in Dewey’s Readathon, and first blogging through the experience.