My Top 5 Bookish Childhood Memories
1. All of Beatrix Potter. I loved her quiet adventurous stories and watercolor illustrations.
2. Don’t Forget The Oatmeal. This was a Sesame Street Children’s Book. This book mixed my love of story and grocery store. I am a Florida Girl and thus a Publix girl for life!
3. Nancy Drew, particularly The Message In The Hollow Oak. This was the first chapter book my mom and I took turns reading together at night before bed.
4. Mr. Popper’s Penguins was the first chapter book I ever read completely on my own.
5. HARRY POTTER! The series is one that I picked up at random in 1999 at a Scholastic Book Fair that ended up shaping my bookish life. This needs no further explanation.